Sunday, June 21, 2009

John Hodgman at Obama dinner

Watch this now!



I love the distinctions Hodgman draws between Nerds and Jocks, and the specification that actual athletes are not Jocks. Kind of reminds me of this recent article about a study on how people tend to place their trust. Excerpt: Don Moore of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, has argued that in competitive situations, such blind confidence could drive those offering advice to increasingly exaggerate how sure they are. And it spells bad news for scientists who try to be honest about gaps in their knowledge, reports New Scientist magazine.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Get A Life! said...

That was excellent! My favorite parts were 'uncaring Dungeon Master' and 'decriminalizing evolution'.

2:11 PM  
Blogger JT said...

I never would have found that clip, thanks! My favorite was asking him about Dune!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home