Sunday, April 15, 2007

Loved Grindhouse!!

We went to see Grindhouse this afternoon. I fucking loved it!

If you haven't heard, the idea is that it recreates the spirit of the old low-budget exploitation movies (the more outrageous the better) that Tarantino and Rodriguez love so much, in the form of a double feature with a bunch of (fake) trailers and stuff. The themes of homages to obscure films, strong female characters, gobs of blood, needles, Texas, Tennessee, and other stuff I haven't yet reflected upon were included, as were references to Red Apple cigarettes and Big Kahuna burgers.

I suppose it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I knew that I wanted to make sure I saw it in one piece, rather than having it broken up in to two pieces, as I have seen some theaters around here start to do.

Can't wait for the full treatment of Machete!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger DarkWing said...

yeah, those movies were outrageous! It was great. I almost threw up at one point during the first one.

Some places are splitting it up...that's stupid.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home