Sunday, September 24, 2006

Images...

When my friend Glenn and I were college roommates 20 years go, quoting this poem whenever the opportunity allowed, I don't think either of us ever imagined that one day my blog would be hit #6 for the phrase "Images by Tyrone Green." Wow. I mean, I just kind of threw that title on the other day because it was the first thing that came to mind.

However, I just realized that I spelled "Greene" without the concluding "e." Dammit. I also realize that all these years, I've had the first line wrong (I thought it was "Down by the alleyway, late at night...").

Still, in honor of the classic Eddie Murphy SNL skit, here's the great work in its entirety:

Images by Tyrone Greene

...Dark and lonely on the summer night.
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Watchdog barking - Do he bite?
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
Slip in his window,
Break his neck!
Then his house
I start to wreck!
Got no reason --
What the heck!
Kill my landlord, kill my landlord.
C-I-L-L ...My land - lord...
Def!

1 Comments:

Blogger Get A Life! said...

I haven't thought about that skit in YEARS!!!

No road blogs?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home