Sunday, August 06, 2006

Economists; More Mashups; Dewey Decimal Rug; Jewish Star Trek Themes; Japan's Longest Day

Sunday items:
  • This Economist article briefly profiles four professional economists who are also bloggers.
  • We've become mashup/remix enthusiasts laterly. At the birthday party of a friend of ours last night, The ♥G♥ was telling some of our friends about the AC/DC-Kanye song she likes, and I don't think any of them understood what she was talking about. Here's a list of some stuff from a guy named DJ Schmolli well worth checking out, here's Banned Music, and here's Mashuptown. Also, take a look at the Wikipedia page for Bastard Pop.
  • I was looking for the Dewey Decimal Number for commercial shipping today (387.2, by the way) so I could put my books about ships in their proper place in the ever-improving book room, and I stumbled across this nifty rug for kids:

  • I'm looking forward to the DVD release of a movie that I don't think has ever been available in the U.S. (could be wrong) called Japan's Longest Day, about conflicts within Japan's military and political establishments in the days and hours leading up to their surrender at the end of WWII. The film is based on the book of the same name. Summary here. I'll make sure to record my impressions here when I see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Some may not appreciate your home-based Dewey decimal project, but I have to admit that I am fascinated by your efforts. I would interested to see a map or general layout when you are done and if you have computerized your home library. I guess only a fellow bibliophile would get it!
Cool rug...

6:55 PM  
Blogger Get A Life! said...

Love the rug! Want one for my office. (Blogging Central)

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home