Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blog Puzzle; Bella Rossa Interview; Academic Bloggers; H.S. Reunion; Repo & Sympathy

Several things recently:
  • Puzzle Fantastica has me totally intrigued. I love stuff like this!
  • The other day, Bella Rossa was kind enough to ask me to participate in one of her interviews of other bloggers. Keep an eye out for the interview next week sometime.
  • Here are seven academic bloggers commenting on the recent controversy surrounding U. of M. historian Juan Cole being denied a position at Yale. I'm going to add them to the blogroll (the four who are not already there, that is).
  • Should be some interesting goings-on (and dredging up of any unresolved adolescence issues) at my high school class's 20th reunion this weekend, which The ♥G♥ and I will be driving up to on Friday. Now that I finally have a laptop, maybe I'll bring it along and blog from the hotel (if it has Wi-Fi).
  • The other day I watched Repo Man for the first time in years, and I hadn't realized that it featured the character that was (ostensibly) the basis for Napoleon Dynamite. If you want to see a movie that makes Repo seem like a three-act summer blockbuster script, check out Jean-Luc Godard's Sympathy for the Devil, which featured interesting footage of the Stones recording cut in with experimental performance-piece footage of The Revolution unfolding. No offense to J-Go., but I'm a Truffaut man, and I have to say I liked Repo better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home