Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Speaking of Paperbacks Falling Apart...

...I've been spending a ton of time lately overhauling the junk room, now known as the book room (for fiction and Deweys 000-899; the 900s are in the living room and hallway), soon to be known as the "study" or the "office." I got four Wal-Mart book shelves that fit up along wall where less-efficient shelves had sat. I put a ton of stacks of papers, magazines, computer parts, jigsaw puzzles, comic books, etc., etc., etc. down in the basement room that was recently vacated by my downstairs tenant. This weekend I'm going to move The ♥G♥'s computer desk in there up against the window and she'll have a good workspace. (Note: I'm also strongly considering purchasing a laptop this week to take full advantage of our new high-speed, Wi-Fi-capable DSL connection. Woo-Hoo!)

The junk book room floor is actually cleared now, which it hasn't been in at least seven years! The books aren't in the order I want them yet, but that's another thing I'm going to work on this weekend (along with weeding for dupes, donations, and things that I think people would like to borrow or have).

One likely outcome of this is that as I go through stacks of newspaper articles, magazines, and other papers that I've been meaning to get to for some time, I will likely come across items of blogfodder that will cry out for on-line reflection. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home