Sunday, April 16, 2006

Axis of E-File; Need Pun Connecting Apple, Apple, and President; Easter Specials; Blinded With Social Science;

Several things to note:
  • Word Munger wants to know why he ought to pay extra for making the IRS's work easier. Excerpt: But every year, I’m faced with the same dilemma: The IRS’s bizarre position on e-filing taxes. I can see why the IRS would want me to e-file: it saves them big bucks in data entry. But why should I want to e-file? After all, it costs $15 — much more than the cost of paper, ink, and postage for printing and sending via mail. So why should I pay to do them a favor?
  • Is George W. Bush listening to illegally I-Podded Beatles music?
  • Here is an annotated list of Easter specials from The Shelf. Excerpt: All of the gang are worried about getting things ready for Easter, but Linus reminds them that they don't need to worry- the Easter Beagle will take care of that. You would think that [after] the whole Great Pumpkin fiasco that Linus would've ostracized by the rest of the crew. But no- they tolerate him and his "quirks" as a lovable group of friends should. Were they not worried that Linus would wig out on them some day and invent some elaborate scenerio in which he invites them all to a deserted mansion at the top of a spooky hill for a reunion, in which he secretly plans to cut off all communication, block all exits and roads and then kill them off one by one for laughing at him and his "quirks" while they were kids? Did they? I don't think so- but then, this was the 70s, peace, love and whatever makes you happy man.
  • Freakonomics makes an erroneous statement about musician Thomas Dolby; Dolby responds on his new blog. (Note: I used to work with a guy that whenever someone would say the word "Huge," he would say "Huuuuuuuuge!" After he got tired of that, every time someone said the word "science," he would say "Science!")

2 Comments:

Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Sorry about the sentence flub- spell checker on blogger not only leaves much to be desired, but mangles my sentences sometimes as well. I am usually good a catching them on the second read through, but I missed that one. Must have been the sugar rush from the Peeps. Thanks for the link despite the flaws!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Get A Life! said...

Re: Is George W. Bush listening to illegally I-Podded Beatles music?

I hope Sir Paul sues and gets awarded Tony Blair.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home