Saturday, January 07, 2006

"I Find Your Lack of Faith Disturbing..."

Here's Daniel Drezner on the topic "Unassisted Human Intuition Is a Bomb." This ties in nicely with a new book by Michael LeGault called Th!nk: Why Crucial Decisions Can't Be Made in the Blink of an Eye that I noticed coming out from Simon & Schuster that counters the Malcom Gladwell school of thought. (BTW, if you want to know what Drez is talking about when he mentions The Hedgehog and the Fox, click on this link for a good summary.) (No, not this Hedgehog, either.)

An any normal day, I'd agree. Tomorrow I'll agree too. However, last night, after almost everyone had left my office, my boss told me I was getting a promotion and a raise -- totally out of the blue. I was like "Hey, cool!" When I got home I was going to try and play it off smooth, but when I guess-whatted my ♥GF♥, she hit the nail right on the head immediately. I was like "!!!!" because I would never have guessed it right away if it had been my clone asking me the same question. Then, she sets the scene -- "You were sitting at your desk, typing away, and you were munching on a snack..." Bingo! Must have been The Force.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home