Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy National Gorilla-Suit Day!

I hope everybody has gotten their gorilla suits back from the cleaners, because National Gorilla Suit Day is almost here! (I added the hyphen myself.) For those of you not in the know, NGSD's patron saint is Mad Magazine's maddest artist, the late great Don Martin. Here are Fred Hembeck's comments from last year, and here are some words from NGSD's greatest proselytizer, Mark Evanier. As Mr. Evanier has pointed out, this year President Bush will be giving his State of the Union Address on NGSD. Evanier excerpt:

George W. Bush will be delivering his 2006 State of the Union address on National Gorilla Suit Day. I think it would be a nice gesture of respect to the holiday if he addressed the joint Houses of Congress wearing a gorilla suit.

I don't really think G.W. would seriously consider doing that, though. Just another symptom of the War on National Gorilla Suit Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home