Tuesday, October 11, 2005

TCM2

I'm currently watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, which I have never seen before, at the recommendation of a friend of mine. It's OK but not great, and I'll finish watching it just because I started it.

TCM2, made in 1986, is a lot more NOES(2+)ish or FT13(2+)ish than it is classic TCMish. It's even kind of ROTNish in the very beginning. That's a little bit disappointing (though really not unexpected). Even though I have a fond place in my heart for mid-80s American horror, it's really 70s-to-early-80s American horror that does it for me -- It's more like most 80s American horror is "cute" in it's own way. (Note: This description does not include indie horror of any decade) (And of course, 80s European horror is a whole 'nother thing entirely.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home