Saturday, September 17, 2005

K-Blogger Updates Part Deux

Queen of Sky has been volunteering at the Austin Convention Center, which is housing a bunch of Katrina refugees. Among her fellow volunteers: sensitive actor Matthew McConaughey.

She sums it all up:

I saw a lot of stuff at the shelter: misc. body fluids and possible poop on the floor, soiled sheets, plenty of germs... but it was nothing I hadn't seen in my eight years of flying. In fact, working at the shelter was surprisingly similar to working on an airplane!

Sounds like she's having a better week than Delta is.

Laurel and family have returned to Slidell and have their cable TV back in time for the season premiere of Desperate Housewives (which features desperation that is significantly higher on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs than most of the desperation recently associated with Louisiana).

The Interdictor has decided to take an entrepreneurial leap:

As for me personally, I've decided that my future will revolve around my marriage to Crystal and the creation of my own disaster preparedness consulting firm. I am looking forward to being my own boss and helping others maintain their operational capabilities even under the worst circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home