Sunday, July 24, 2005

Finished Watching Vietnam Documentary

I just finished watching Vietnam: A Television History. In light of the previously linked discussion, I found the Amazon reviewers' comments interesting. I might or might not have further comments to post now that I'm done watching it. Maybe after I read Karnow's book, which might not be for a while. See if you can get the DVD at your library or something, because it's thought-provoking. It includes interviews with several people who went on to subsequent prominence, including John Kerry and John Negroponte. Are there Vietnam/Iraq parallels? Of course there are. But (as demonstrated in Freakonomics) you can find parallels and not-parallels (perpendiculars?) to anything if you look hard enough and have a desired answer in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home