Thursday, June 02, 2005

Packing for the Big Apple

Gettting packed for NYC; travelling pretty light. I hope to finish my book (which has a big apple on the cover) by Susan Wise Bauer on the way out there (btw - Publishers, not Publisher's) and then I'd like to start in on Mercer Ellington's bio of his dad.

The last (and only) time I was in New York City was about 16 or 17 years ago and it was for less than a day. After 9/11 I found a picture of myself on Liberty Island with the Trade Towers in the background, which I took out of the album and put on a bulletin board in my room.

So, more blogging to follow after I get back in a few days. In the meantime, here's Hayseed Dixie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Here are some good restaurants:

Goodies
1 East Broadway
Cross Street: Catherine & Oliver St.
Phone:: 212-577-2922
Website: N/A
Price Range: $1.00 - $19.00


Get the soup dumlings - they are really good.

Ralphs Italian Restaurant
(212) 581-2283
862 9th Ave
New York, NY 1001

Pretty much everything we had here was great - the sevice was excellent.

Where are you staying?

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home